We have agreed to:
- Provide our customers with notice of their ability to opt out of information rental, sale, or exchange with other marketers.
- Honor our customers' requests not to share their contact information with other marketers.
- Honor our customers' requests not to receive mail, telephone, or other solicitations from abc carpet & home.
The Information We Collect
We collect or may collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact Information: Your first and last name, postal address, email address, and phone number.
- Other Identifying Information: IP address, passwords and other security information for authentication and access, social media user names, and cookie identifiers.
- Financial Information: Credit card, debit card, and bank account information you've used in a transaction with us.
- Demographic Information: Gender, age, employment information, salary range, categorical purchase behavior outside of abc carpet & home;
- Geolocation Data
- Internet or Other Electronic Activity: Browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our services and which elements of our services you use the most.
- Commercial information: Products purchased or viewed on our website.
- Audio and Visual Information: Your videos and photos that you've uploaded to our sites, and CCTV images in our stores from security cameras.
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you that reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior, and attitude.
Categories of Use
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send, and track your order, subscription or registration.
- Communicate with you about your order, subscription or registration.
- Process any subscription or registration you make to one of our services.
- Maintain your "Gift List" through your registry.
We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends, and statistics.
We use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers.
- Provide you with and measure and optimize targeted advertising.
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes.
- Provide you with other information from and about abc carpet & home brands, including personalized marketing communications.
Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website
We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide and maintain functionality on our website.
- Handle your customer services requests.
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our stores, websites and apps.
Review and Content Creation Purposes
We may use your contact information, commercial information, and audio and visual information to enable reviews of our products, and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on our website, services, and on social media and other advertising.
Security and Fraud Prevention
We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect this website, our company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from the following sources:
- Direct: We collect contact and demographic information directly from you. We also collect payment information from you.
- Passive: We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Advertising and Online Tracking section below.
We may combine information you provide to us, whether online or in our stores. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with third parties. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you directly about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional and commercial purposes.
When We Share Information with Third Parties
Our Service Providers
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, data analysis and management, promotional services, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
Our Select Affiliates
We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with abc Home Furnishings, Inc or abc Carpet Co., Inc.
Law Enforcement and Courts
In certain instances, we may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to abc carpet & home, or to others. We may also disclose your contact information when we believe the law or legal process requires it.
We use Google Analytics on our website to collect usage data, to analyze how users use the websites, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by
Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Advertising and Online Tracking
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain information when you visit our website. These companies may use information (e.g. clickstream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) collected during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. These companies may also tie identifiers associated with a particular browser or device to identifiers associated with other browsers or devices used by the same user or household (e.g. a device identifier associated with a user's computer may be tied to the device identifiers of that user's tablet and phone) in order to measure and target advertisements tailored to user interests across their devices and to send personalized marketing communications. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information.
California Customer Privacy Rights CCPA Rights Requests
Right to Know and Right to Deletion:
You can request what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold in the preceding 12 months. Personal information can include email, first name, last name, address, phone number, etc.
You can also request that we delete your personal information here: https://abchome.com/pages/ccpa-opt-out
We may not delete all of your personal information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: To complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you.
- Security: To detect data security incidents.
- Legal: To protect against fraud or illegal activity, or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech.
- Internal Use: To use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (e.g. to improve our services).
Delete Personal Information
Please note that if we delete your personal information, many of our services will not work the same. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Returns: We will not have the ability to look up your receipt or order in our system. In order to process a return or refund, we will require proof of purchase from the customer. If the customer is unable to provide proof of purchase, the transaction will be treated as a return without receipt in accordance with our return policy.
- Customer Service: Our ability to handle customer service requests may be limited. We will not have the ability to look up prior orders or account information and may request proof of purchase in order to service your needs.
- Online Account & Shopping: Your online account will no longer exist. Your shopping cart items, order history, saved addresses, and any other saved preferences in your online account will no longer be available.
- Recalls: We will no longer be able to contact you via email, regular mail, or phone about product recalls related to products you purchased.
- Gift Registry: You will no longer be able to view or add items to your gift registry. Reference to your name in a joint registry will be deleted.
- Marketing Communications: We will no longer be able to provide you with any marketing communications directly from our family of brands, including personalized marketing communication such as information about new products, services and offers tailored to your interests.
- Opt-Outs: Previous opt-out requests will not be saved. In order to verify your identity, you will need to provide at least three of the following pieces of your information: name, telephone number, e-mail address, mailing address, and last transaction amount. We will match this information to the information in our systems. For an online request to delete, we will also send you a second verification to confirm that you want your information to be deleted. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf. If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information. We will maintain a record of your request to know or request to delete.
Personal Information That We Sell
We may "sell" (as sell is defined in CCPA) the following categories of personal information:
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California and federal law
- Internet/electronic activity
- Commercial information
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, preferences, behavior, and attitudes.
We "sell" your personal information to select partners and to digital advertising networks. We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
Right to Opt Out
California residents have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties, as "sale" is defined under CCPA.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your CCPA Rights.
We offer various financial incentives. The terms of the financial incentive will be presented to you at the time you sign up. You may withdraw from any of the financial incentives by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by unsubscribing to our email marketing by visiting our website. The value of your data is the value of the offer presented to you. We have calculated the value of the incentive by using the expense related to the offer.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your contact information, to the extent permitted by law, we do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our web sites, and you do so at your own risk.
We urge you to keep any password that you establish with us in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. We also encourage you to use a unique or different password for our website. Also remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information on our website from anyone under the age of 13, or allow minors under the age of 13 to disclose their personal information to us through our website. Our website is directed to individuals who are permitted to share their personal information without parental consent. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us as directed below in the “Contact Us” section. You may mark your inquiry “COPPA Information Request.”
We may ask for additional consent during the account sign-up process from minors who are 13 to 15 years old under relevant and applicable laws if personal information may be shared outside of abc carpet + home and its affiliates and service providers.
If you are under the age of 18 and a registered user of the website, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the website by contacting us as directed below in the “Contact Us” section. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information; for example, another user of the website may have reposted your public content somewhere else on our website or on another website.
Links to Third Party Websites